Dear tumblr folks
My name is Ryan (they/them/their) and I am a queer, Indigenous artist. I am Lac du Flambeau Ojibwe and an aspiring artist and fashion photographer. I am currently fundraising so I will have the opportunity to attend the Institute of American Indian Arts in Santa Fe in the fall.
Finances have been the biggest struggle so far. a lot of my money went to an institution that was neither culturally competent or supportive towards my needs as a native artist. A lot of my work was misidentified with the wrong cultures, I was told I should include more “headdresses” in my work. So I need to go to IAIA because it will give me the education I crave, need, deserve, and clearly earned through 3 years of struggling at another university that could not and did not provide the tools for me to succeed.
This is a space that is focused on the art i want to bring and will allow me the opportunities and the work spaces to grow and become a better artist.
Please consider donating and help this 2 spirit individual successfully travel to and occupy a space that was created for me and will provide the necessary support.
All funding will go to cover transportation.
GoFundMe page: here.
Facebook Photography page to see more of my work: http://www.facebook.com/RMYoungPhotography
My project “Indigeneity” was also featured in Native Max Magazine!
Finally, a link to the Indigeneity Project: http://indigeneityproject.wordpress.com/
Anything you can donate would be amazing <3 If you aren’t able to donate, please help signal boost this post by reblogging it to your page!
It’s been over a year since my last giveaway, so I think it’s about time for me to host another :) Click the images for a larger view.
- Silver crescent moon necklace with an amethyst crystal briolette
- Blue flash labradorite pendant, handmade by me (chain included)
- Rose quartz heart
- Midnight goldstone star
- Raw celestite crystal
- Raw green calcite
- Tumbled amethyst
- Tumbled moonstone
- One antique key from this lot: (see photo)
- Corked glass bottle containing mixed gems (amethyst, carnelian, red garnet, sodalite, and quartz)
Rules and Qualification:
- Reblog this post to enter the giveaway, that’s it!
- Likes do not count, though it’s fine to like this to bookmark the post.
- Please be courteous — don’t spam reblog. This will disqualify you.
- Deleting or altering the text of this post will disqualify you.
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter, as per tumblr guidlines.
- Your ask box must be open for me to contact you, if you win.
- You must be willing to give me a shipping address to send the prizes.
- The winner must respond within 48 hours or another winner shall be chosen.
- So I know that you’ve read these rules clearly, tag this post with “magicbunnies” when you reblog it.
- You don’t have to follow me, though it’s appreciated if you like my blog!
- This giveaway ends on Friday August 22nd, 2014 at 11 pm EST.
- The winner will be chosen at random with random.org for fairness — I will keep very close track of the notes.
- The worth of this giveaway is about $55 USD.
- I will pay for shipping expenses, including international shipping.
- It’s okay to reblog this post more than once, but like I said, please don’t spam.
- I’ll likely be including some surprise goodies as ideas come to me.
- All of the crystals featured are natural and untreated, besides the sparkly goldstone.
- Do you like the jewelry featured? You can view more of my work at my shop.
Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Good luck and take care!